Third Street Women's Residence
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must obtain Fire Conductor or Fire Coordinator Test for licensure within first three months of employment
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid certification within the first three months of employment
- PPD clearance
- NYS Security License
- Experience providing basic personal care services to clients
- Demonstrated knowledge of group interactions and effective ways of working with people
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents with mental health, illness, and substance abuse issues
- Detail oriented
- Ability to learn and use appropriate crisis intervention techniques with clients
- Assist residents as needed with dressing, bathing, cleaning rooms, washing and drying personal laundry, and other basic care and daily living activities
- Report and record observable changes in the physical, mental and behavioral condition of clients
- Provide appropriate crisis intervention when clients become agitated, hostile or dangerous to themselves or others
- Take appropriate action in case of emergency situations including but not limited to client illness, accidents, fires, etc.
- Assist administration, Case Managers and Senior Case Aides in conflict intervention for all clients
- Respond to client calls for assistance
- Maintain and review daily logs and alert appropriate staff of pertinent issues
- Provide written incident reports (DHS and/or in-house) as needed, prior to departure from scheduled shift
- Assist in preparing and serving meals for residents
- Provide kitchen sanitation in absence of food service personnel, as needed, ensuring kitchen and dinning area is clean at all times
- Ensure accuracy of food delivery and inventory of goods
- Assist in monitoring entrance of building via monitor and buzzing system, and assist in monitoring daily sign-in sheet
- Assist in thorough baggage search of new clients entering the facility
- Ensure storage, proper tagging and labeling of all clients' belongings
- Conduct overview in compliance with NYFD, DHS and FMD regulations
- Assist with garbage removal from facility in accordance with DHS and NYC Deptartment of Sanitation regulations
- Assist in snow removal from facility property as needed
- Ensure radio and telephone communication between floors is in proper working order
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of entrance door and lobby area
- Provide lunch and break coverage for other Case Aides
- Provide clerical support to Senior Case Aides including but not limited to answering telephone inquires and sorting mail
- Maintain a safe, clean and therapeutic environment for client care
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Case Aide-3rd Street " in subject of e-mail.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aides and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.