Start Date: May 2015
Hours: Temporary, Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides New York City youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with summer employment and education experiences that capitalize on their individual strengths, develop their skills and competencies, and connect them to positive adult role models. SYEP provides seven weeks of entry level work experience in a variety of jobs at community based organizations, government agencies and private sector businesses. Participants will work in a variety of entry level jobs at various locations including but not limited to government agencies, hospitals, summer camps, nonprofit organizations, small businesses, law firms, museums and retail organizations.
- High School Diploma/GED required; College Degree or current college enrollment preferred
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Unflappable customer service and time management skills
- Ability to make deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for youth & community development
- Ability to work evenings as needed
- Ability to type accurately and knowledge of basic spelling and grammar (will be tested prior to hire)
- Must be available from June 2015 to the end of August 2015
- Maintain activity, education and general enrollment rosters using Google Documents, Excel, and web-based database system.
- Conduct intake of eligible participants
- Post flyers and contact participants and other agencies during recruitment periods
- Enter participant information and payroll into web-based database system
- Communicate regularly with applicants, participants and their parents by phone and email
- Maintain participant files and completion of all program paperwork for participants
- Supervise and mentor interns ages 14 to 24.
- Attend weekly meetings, division staff meetings and actively participate in addressing workflow as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate "Data Entry Clerk" in subject of e-mail.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.