Youth & Workforce Development
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- High school diploma required; bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience required
- Experience or willingness to work with challenging populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of database programs and advanced Excel skills
- Good judgment and problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Sales/marketing background helpful
- Provide vocational counseling, assistance with job search, and monitoring of Action Plans for shelter residents, public assistance recipients, young adults, limited English language learners and other low-income populations
- Identify potential employer partners and other training programs with specific emphasis on employers with appropriate and available opportunities for job seekers in our programs and present the organization's portfolio of services
- Develop strong relationships with employer partners and facilitate activities with employers including site visits, recruiting events, career presentations, job fair participation and other employment related activities
- Assist participants with preparation of job search documents such as resume, references and job applications
- Develop and facilitate workshops to small and large groups on topics including (but not limited to) job search strategies, interviewing skills, goal setting and career advancement
- Effectively match job seekers to available opportunities and accurately document (according to contractual obligations) a minimum of 12 job placements a month
- Document all program activity, employer outreach and job placements on a weekly basis according to contractual targets and goals
- Accurately track and monitor employment data and job search activities in multiple database systems, prepare and update reports tracking performance for specific employers and/or participant cohorts, analyze and evaluate reports to inform ongoing programmatic activity
- Provide ongoing follow-up with job seekers and employers through phone calls, letters, emails, special activities or events
- Represent the organization to key stakeholders including program partner organizations and participating employers
- Participate in case management, staff and supervisory meetings as scheduled
- Facilitate internship placement services when applicable
- Ensure all contract compliance requirements are met, consistently meet contract targets/quotas
- Design and implement assessment plans for program participants in relation to their employment goals
- Other related tasks as assigned or as needed
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate "Employment Specialist" in subject of e-mail.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aides and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.