Youth Services (After-School Services)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Temporary, part time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Must be currently enrolled in high school or college and have good academic standing
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to participate in team-oriented work
- Interest in providing quality educational and enrichment experiences to youth
- Must be available to work five (5) days a week from 2:30 to 6:00 p.m.
- Must be able to support youth participation in a variety of physical activities at multiple sites
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Mandarin/Cantonese) a plus
- Understand and enforce after-school program expectations, policies and protocols
- Assist in the adherence to the after-school schedule
- Assist with homework and actively participate in all other in-class educational and recreational activities
- Communicate with Program Coordinator about any schedule modifications or important behavioral or environmental issues
- Demonstrate appropriate communication with families, teachers, staff and children
- Attend regular staff meetings and trainings
- Track attendance through accurate record keeping
- Report regularly to the Director of After-School Services and as necessary to the Director of Educational & Youth Services and other program directors
- Collaborate with the after-school staff at other Henry Street Settlement after-school sites
- Assist with special events as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Group Aide" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.