Youth Services (After-School Services)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Temporary, part time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
This position is part of the Henry Street Settlement Education and Employment Services Division, which is a $10M division providing a continuum of services from early childhood education through adult workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. Education Services include 2 day care centers, after school programs (6 sites), camp programs (3 sites), middle school and high school initiatives, and the Expanded Horizons College Access and Retention program (both community center and school based).
- High School or GED required and must be enrolled in an institution of higher education
- Must have completed one (1) year of college with good academic standing and currently be enrolled
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience working with children
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Cantonese/Mandarin) a plus
- Interest in providing quality educational and enrichment experiences to youth
- Familiarity working with youth in a variety of settings
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to participate in team oriented work
- Specialization in enrichment activities a plus
- Computer literate, including experience with Microsoft Office, local area networks and the Internet
- Must be able to work five (5) days a week from 2:30 to 6 p.m.
- Understand and enforce after-school program expectations, policies and protocols
- Design and implement educational and recreational activities
- Actively participate in program-wide or division-wide activities
- Facilitate the adherence to the after-school schedule
- Supervise homework and other in-class activities
- Communicate with Program Coordinator about any schedule modifications or important behavioral or environmental issues
- Direct and guide Group Aide by delegating specific responsibilities and clarifying their role
- Demonstrate appropriate communication with families, teachers, staff and children
- Attend regular staff meetings and trainings
- Track attendance, performance and behavior (positive and negative) through accurate record keeping
- Report regularly to the Director of After-School Services and as necessary to the Director of Educational & Youth Services and other program directors
- Collaborate with the after-school staff at other Henry Street Settlement after-school sites
- Organize special events as necessary
- Assist individual students with homework as time permits
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Elementary Group Leader" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.