Youth Services (After-School Services)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Temporary, part time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- High School or GED required and must be enrolled in an institution of higher education
- Must have completed one (1) year of college with good academic standing and currently be enrolled
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience working with children
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Cantonese/Mandarin) a plus
- Interest in providing quality educational and enrichment experiences to youth
- Familiarity working with youth in a variety of settings
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to participate in team oriented work
- Specialization in enrichment activities a plus
- Computer literate, including experience with Microsoft Office, local area networks and the Internet
- Must be able to work five (5) days a week from 2:30 to 6 p.m.
- Understand and enforce after-school program expectations, policies and protocols
- Design and implement educational and recreational activities
- Actively participate in program-wide or division-wide activities
- Facilitate the adherence to the after-school schedule
- Supervise homework and other in-class activities
- Communicate with Program Coordinator about any schedule modifications or important behavioral or environmental issues
- Direct and guide Group Aide by delegating specific responsibilities and clarifying their role
- Demonstrate appropriate communication with families, teachers, staff and children
- Attend regular staff meetings and trainings
- Track attendance, performance and behavior (positive and negative) through accurate record keeping
- Report regularly to the Director of After-School Services and as necessary to the Director of Educational & Youth Services and other program directors
- Collaborate with the after-school staff at other Henry Street Settlement after-school sites
- Organize special events as necessary
- Assist individual students with homework as time permits
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com. Please indicate "Group Leader" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aides and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.