Third Street Women's Residence
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Program Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and direct oversight of the evening, overnight and weekend operational team. The Program Supervisor is expected to exhibit a heightened level of autonomy and decision-making skills. The Program Supervisor is expected to possess strong assessment skills and to interface effectively and efficiently with partner agencies and colleagues to ensure quality services and program operations. This position has significant supervisory, administrative, program management and service delivery responsibilities including but not limited to, site management, program development, inter-team coordination and contract regulatory/policy compliance. The position requires attention to detail, strong writing and verbal communication skills, computer literacy, and time-management skills. This person will also be expected to participate in and contribute to a program culture that is client-centered, person centered, outcome-oriented, and dedicated to continuous quality improvement. The Program Supervisor is a member of the management team and will be part of the on call rotation.
The Program Supervisor is responsible for working with clients to help them live full and satisfying lives in the community; helping their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the HSS’s programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements. The Program Supervisor is also expected to understand and support the management activities that ensure the good functioning of the team and the program as a whole. They will be expected to provide oversight and support to their team during the evening hour shifts Tuesdays through Saturdays. This Position reports to the Program Director.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Mental Health Counseling or Psychology required
- LCSW preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of post master’s experience in the delivery of mental illness and substance abuse services to homeless or similar populations
- Must have at least two (2) years of supervisory, administrative and management experience with related populations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Strong clinical knowledge preferred
- Must be available Tuesday 7:00AM-3:00PM, Wednesday 3:00PM-11:00PM, Thursday 3:00PM-11:00PM, Friday 3:00PM-11:00PM, Saturday 3:00PM-11:00PM
- Other related duties as assigned
- Document service provision and update database in a timely manner in accordance with Henry Street Settlement/Department of Homeless Services (DHS) policies and guidelines, and state and local governmental entities
- Provide direct supervision to staff
- Oversee and direct the workload of staff
- Provide hiring and firing recommendations
- Assist with program planning, development, implementation and evaluation
- Assist in providing oversight of symptom assessment and rehabilitative services provided by the staff to consumers/residents to ensure the quality of services meet or exceed regulatory guidelines
- Assist in overseeing and managing all support aspects of the program
- Provide assistance with clinical interventions
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Participate in clinical case conferences and treatment planning meetings
- Provide administrative back-up coverage as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate "Program Supervisor" in subject of e-mail.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.