Urban Family Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least four (4) years of security experience and two (2) years experience working in a social service agency or with indigent families
- Ability to keep calm and work well with people
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must have NY State Department Security Guard License
- F24-Fire Safety Coordinator Certificate required
- CPR/First Aid Certification required
- Supervise the workload of security guards and security booths
- Assist in conducting monthly fire drills
- Report curfew violations to on-call worker
- Respond to emergencies
- Interact with the Administration for Children Services (ACS), Department of Homeless Services (DHS), Police Department, NY Fire Department (NYFD), Department of Buildings (DOB), HPD and other city or state departments and government agencies visiting the site
- Assist administration, case managers and on-call workers with conflict intervention of residence
- Inform on-call worker by walkie-talkie when police, ambulance or any outside agency is on premises
- Provide security and monitor the internal and external areas of the six buildings in compliance with DHS, NYFD and FMD
- Maintain cleanliness of post and remove garbage in compliance with DHS and NYC Department of Sanitation
- Shovel snow from facility property as needed
- Provide written documentation of incident reports for DHS prior to departure of scheduled shift
- Keep written daily logs of occurs during working hours such as when EMS or police comes on premises
- Assist families with their belongings when they are moving in and moving out of the facility
- Be visually present in courtyards and buildings and monitoring, intervene and call for assistance if issues arise
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate "Resident Assistant Supervisor-UFC" in subject of e-mail.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aides and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.