School Based Mental Health
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The School Based Mental Health Clinics (SBMHC) – located in nine Lower East Side public schools – aim to eliminate barriers that prevent youth and families from seeking mental health care by providing services on-site in schools, and collaborating with educational professionals who spend extended time with students on a daily basis.
The SBMHC programs operate at Henry Street International High School, University Neighborhood Middle School, CASTLE Middle School, Manhattan Charter II, PS 20, PS 134, PS 137, PS 140, and PS 142. They are satellite clinics of Henry Street’s mental health services headquartered at the Community Consultation Center, 40 Montgomery Street.
- LMSW/LCSW required
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience with children and families desired
- Must have experience and interest in working with Adolescents (Middle and High School students)
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of AWARDS a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Must be organized and able to maintain up-to-date charting according to State regulations
- Knowledge of Play Therapy, Family Therapy, and/or Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy a plus
- Knowledge of DSM IV and DSM V
- Provide individual, group and family services on-site, at school and at the clinic, mostly to adolescents
- Maintain collateral contact with school personnel
- Provide services for high risk children and adolescents
- Provide crisis intervention
- Complete thorough mental health assessments; including psychosocial evaluations, mental status exams, and risk assessments
- Other related duties as assigned
Email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
In the subject line, please indicate job title “School Based Social Worker” AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.