Youth Services (Camp Henry)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full time, temporary
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- College student or one (1) year of college in related field required
- Two (2) years leadership experience in after-school or camp program
- One (1) year experience in supervising staff and campers
- Ability to creatively schedule camp programs for facilities and SYEP participants
- Must have current American Red Cross CPR for Professional Rescuer and Responding to Emergencies Certification or be available for certification courses
- Must be able to attend mandatory trainings between June 20-31
- Evaluate the program, staff and participants
- Consult with Program Coordinator/Camp Director regarding general structure of camp program, improvement of activities and general camp experiences
- Assist in the orientation of Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) participants
- Consult with Program Coordinator and other support staff and formulate staff orientation plan
- Conduct or delegate responsibility for inspection of camp facilities
- Supervise and participate in all activities
- Monitor counselor and camper assignments for the day
- Monitor the safety of campers
- Lead activities as necessary
- Be available for camper and counselor consultation or conflict resolution
- Help SYEP participants develop a better understanding of group progress and group development
- Formally evaluate SYEP participants at least twice a season, conducting other evaluations as necessary
- Assist in evaluating the entire camp operation with suggestions for following season
- Supervise SYEP participants
- Identify and meet campers' needs
- Carry out camp programs
- Fulfill other camp functions
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate "Senior Camp Counselor" in subject of e-mail.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aides and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.