Third Street Women's Residence
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Type: Full time and per diem
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Transitional and Supportive Housing Cluster is a $9.1M division which provides Transitional Housing and Supportive Housing to Homeless individuals and Families, victims of Domestic Violence and Formerly Homeless Individuals. Services include four shelters; two family shelters, a domestic violence shelter, a shelter for Single Women with Mental Health Issue as well as a NYNY Supportive Housing building for formerly homeless individuals with Mental Health issues.
Services are provided by culturally competent staff and include case management, housing, employment, and children’s programs. These programs are designed to help individuals and families attain their fullest potential in an environment that values respect, dignity, caring and integrity. This position is within the Third Street Women’s Residence which is a 79 bed shelter for homeless women with Mental Health issues. This program includes on-site psychiatric and nursing services to supplement case management and housing services.
Position Overview: The Shift Supervisor is responsible for direct Evening/Weekend management of the program. The Shift Supervisor provides direct supervision to clinical and/or special services staff. The Shift Supervisor ensures that clients receive services that meet regulatory and agency standards, including contracted housing placement outcomes. This position is within a 24/7 program and must be available for coverage during 5:00PM- 1:00AM and 1:00AM- 9:00AM tours in addition to being part of the coverage rotation.
The position requires a thorough understanding of relevant service delivery concepts and structures, including strong knowledge and experience with mental health systems, and the ability to access and negotiate the full range of services for recipients. It also requires strong clinical, supervisory, organizational and administrative skills and the ability to interface effectively and efficiently with colleagues to ensure quality services and program operations. Furthermore, it requires good decision-making skills, strong clinical assessment skills and the ability to identify and facilitate necessary programmatic change. Ability to problem-solve, prioritize and effectively manage time in a fast paced working environment. It requires attention to detail, strong writing and verbal communication skills, and computer literacy. This position reports to the Program Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, preferred a minimum of (1) years of post-masters or Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years relevant experience
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification, Fire Conductor or Fire Safety and Alarm Systems( Homeless Shelter F-80), licensure within the first three (3) months of employment
- Ability to provide crisis intervention
- Strong computer skills is a must
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be available for coverage during 5:00PM- 1:00AM and 1:00AM- 9:00AM tours in addition to being part of the coverage rotation
- Train, conduct performance evaluation and supervise staff
- Screen and interview clients; complete application for intake services
- Collect basic data and obtain additional information from other agencies
- Manage a facility of homeless clients with mental health and/or substance abuse issues
- Conduct client assessments and prepare reports concerning change in conditions
- Provide appropriate crisis intervention
- Securing safety within the facility; direct fire drills as scheduled
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Develop practical service plans for clients
- Participate in inter-disciplinary team meetings to discuss client cases
- Document and follow-up on incident reports
- Maintain client data and census logs and ensure records are up-to-date
- Provide facility walk through such as make rounds in the facility to be in compliance with the Fire Coordinator and Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) standards
- Maintain daily sign-in food log of resident meals
- Prepare and maintain accurate expenditure records
- Assist Client Care Worker/Case Aide and kitchen personnel as needed
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among the program units by communicating information, responding to request, building rapport and participating in team problem-solving methods
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Indicate "Shift Supervisor" in subject of e-mail AND the website the position was found. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.