The Third Street Women's Residence provides transitional shelter and supportive services to 79 homeless women with mental health concerns who are in need of permanent housing. They are referred to the facility from assessment centers and/or by the New York City Department of Homeless Services.
The staff provides an array of social and housing placement services, working with the residents to enhance and develop life management skills, as well as to manage their mental health conditions. When needed, residents are referred to community-based organizations.
On-site services include:
- Individual and group counseling
- Housing search assistance
- On-site medical services
- On-site psychiatric services
- Applying for government benefits
- Vocational counseling
- Cultural and educational activities