The ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training and Information Networking) laboratory offers free access to the Internet and free computer training to members of the community in an attractive, comfortable environment.
The lab — which features state-of-the-art computers — is a partnership between Henry Street Settlement, the State University of New York and Microsoft.
ATTAIN is a statewide initiative to increase computer literacy and close the “digital divide” in low-income and immigrant communities like the Lower East Side. The Settlement’s commitment to the community makes it an ideal partner to deliver technology training and communication services. The lab at Henry Street is one of 38 ATTAIN labs in New York State.
We offer a wide array of services for Henry Street clients, staff and community members, such as:
- Free formal classes in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Introduction to the Computer.
- Free self-paced independent courses , which allow community members to work on various vocational and academic related courses at their own pace on the computer.
- Free workshops in Resume Writing, Customizing your Computer, Getting Connected to the World Wide Web and more.
- Open Lab hours so clients can use a computer to check email, do a job search, pay bills, etc.
- And last but not least, the Henry Street ATTAIN Lab is open to all community members free of charge. Other than a brief registration form to be filled out, there is no process or waiting period to use the lab.
To visit the ATTAIN lab's website, click here.