The Community Consultation Center's (CCC) Psychiatric Continuing Day Treatment Program services individuals who are challenged by severe, emotional mental illness, many of whom have had multiple psychiatric hospitalizations.
All services are guided by the belief that people do recover from major mental illness, and this is transmitted to the consumers throughout the therapeutic process.
In the treatment environment, a positive view of recovery prevails. The program is organized so that consumers can address current emotional impediments to their recovery while simultaneously participating in vocational or supportive employment leading to a productive life in the community. A service plan is developed with the consumer based on the consumer's identified interests and needs. This generates hope and a partnership with consumers for recovery. An integrated treatment approach includes the following:
- Pre-admission screening, hospital and clinic based
- Psychiatric and psychological Evaluations
- Bio-psychosocial assessments
- Psychotropic medication management
- Psycho-educational groups
- Individual, group and family treatment
- Occupational Therapy providing evaluation and utilization of functional activities to assist consumers in improving ADL, socialization and career readiness skills
- Comprehensive pre-vocational training in food service, computers and retail sales in an on-site boutique, The Unlimited Boutique
- Specialized Asian Bi-Cultural Services
- Crisis intervention and clinical case management
- VESID fast track enrollment for elibility for the CCC's VESID-sponsored computer training program
- 24-hour emergency coverage
The multi-ethnic professional staff provides services in English, Spanish, three dialects of Chinese, Italian, Sicilian, German and Portuguese.
Medicaid, Medicare and other third-party insurance providers are accepted. A sliding-scale fee is available for those ineligible for health insurance.
Services are available by appointment or on a walk-in basis.