Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Summer Day Camps
Henry Street offers two summer day camp experiences: Camp Henry and Abrons Arts Camp.
Camp Henry (American Camping Association Accredited)
Camp Henry Day Camp provides SAFE and FUN activities for boys and girls ages five to 13. We provide educational programming to prevent “summer learning loss” which occurs when children do not exercise their academic skills during the summer. Our program offers high-quality sequential STEAM projects and engaging literacy lessons. Campers also enjoy activities such as arts and crafts, music, drama, sports, swimming and field trips. The camp is licensed by the Department of Health and accredited by the American Camping Association.
Enrolling your child is easy.
- Click to download the application »
- Print the application.
- Complete the application.
- Drop off the application, other required documents and your deposit (money order or credit card only) to the Camp Henry office, 301 Henry Street, New York, NY 10002.
Camp Henry will run from Wednesday, July 5, 2017 to Friday, August 18, 2017, from 8:30 AM -5:30 PM. You can register for the full summer or a single month session.
Rates for Summer 2017
- Full summer (July 5 – August 18) $1,750.00
- July Session (July 5th – July 28th) $1,200.00
- August Session (July 31st –August 18th) $990.00
- Extended Day (Drop off at 8 am and pick up at 6 pm) $180
- Scholarships are available.
If you have questions, please contact:
Aaron Cummings, Director of After-School and Camp Services
212-254-3100 x263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Regina Perez, Assistant Director of After-School and Camp Services
212-254-3100 x207 or email@example.com
Are you a college student interested in working at Camp Henry? Email us your resume »
Abrons Arts Camp
Ages 5 to 13
July 5 – August 18, 2017
Ignite your child’s creative spark this summer at Abrons Arts Center! Our camp offers transformational arts learning experiences and cultural excursions for ages 5 – 13. Campers will become drummers, choreographers, puppeteers, and podcast hosts, learning about the world through their art, and sharing their art with the world!
This playful environment blends artistic skill building alongside professional artist educators, outdoor garden and park recreational time, weekly water activities, and field trip excursions to internationally acclaimed cultural hubs like Pioneer Works, Queens Museum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Museum of the Moving Image, The High Line, Theaterworks, and The Lowline. Watch confidence and critical thinking develop during Friday open studios. Each session features a youth authored performance and exhibition.
DATES AND TIMES
July 5 – August 18, 2017
Mondays – Fridays | 9 AM – 5 PM
Drop Off | 8:30 – 9 AM
Pick Up | 5 – 5:30 PM
Optional Extended Day | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Full Summer | 7/5 – 8/18 | Camp $1,980 | Camp & Extended Day $2,310
Session A | 7/5 – 7/28 | Camp $1,080 | Camp & Extended Day $1,260
Session B | 7/31 – 8/18 | Camp $900 | Camp & Extended Day $1,050
Camp tuition must be paid in full by June 28, 2017. There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee per camper.
Tuition assistance is available for all youth who are unable to afford camp. See tuition assistance form for details.
- Daily arts instruction in dance, music, theater, and visual arts
- Classes are pedagogically framed around the exploratory development of arts skills
- Professional artist teachers and counselors with educational academic backgrounds
- Special guest artist workshops and performances
- Opportunities to make lifelong friendships and practice collaboration
- Weekly cultural field trips to experience NYC museums, galleries, and theaters
- Weekly water activities including water parks, splash pads, and H20 playgrounds!
- Daily outdoor recreation time in Lower East Side parks
- Open art studios for families every Friday
- Student authored performances/exhibitions are presented at the end of Session A & B
- Pizza lunch provided on Fridays (dietary restrictions will be accommodated)
- Extended day includes snack and facilitated arts activities
- Abrons Arts Camp is licensed by the Department of Health