Henry Street offers two summer day camp experiences: Camp Henry and Summer Arts Camp.
Camp Henry (American Camping Association Accredited)
For boys & girls, ages 5 to 13
July 5 – August 19, 2016
Session 1: July 5 – 29
Session 2: August 1 –19
Camp Henry Day Camp, named one of the city's best summer camps by Time Out New York Kids, offers a wide range of educational and recreational enrichment activities for children ages 5 to 13. Campers enjoy daily activities such as arts and crafts, music, drama, sports and swimming. The campers have trips around New York City and the tri-state area. All programming and trips are based on camp themes, which for Summer 2015 was "Around the World in 6 Weeks". Each week, campers were "in" a different country/continent.
Staffed by a team of committed counselors and instructors, many of whom serve as Group Leaders in our After-School Programs during the school year, Camp Henry fosters self-esteem, respect for others and an appreciation of the arts. The camp is licensed by the Department of Health and accredited by the American Camping Association.
Camp Henry runs for seven weeks from July 5 – August 19th. Discounts are offered to returning campers, campers' siblings, and to those who refer a friend. Financial aid is available on a sliding scale for eligible families. Early drop-off and late pick-up are available for an additional fee.
Barbara L. Tate Arts Camp
For boys and girls, ages 5 to 13
July 5 – August 19, 2016
Ignite your child's creative spark this summer at the Abrons Arts Center! We offer innovative and transformational learning experiences in dance, music, theater, and visual arts. Youth learn from professional artists and arts workers while unpacking the artistic process.
Camp enrollment is offered in seven, five, four, or two-week sessions. Extended day classes provide additional opportunities for arts learning and deepen creative exploration after the camp concludes at 5 PM.
- Daily arts instruction in dance, music, theater, and visual arts
- Classes and workshops are pedagogically framed around the explorative development of arts skills
- Facilitated by professional artist teachers and arts workers
- Special guest artist workshops and performances
- Weekly cultural field trips to experience NYC museums, galleries, and theaters
- Weekly swimming sessions at the neighborhood pool
- Student authored performance is presented by the campers at the conclusion of the fifth week
- Summer art exhibition + reception at the conclusion of the seventh week
- Daily lunch provided
- Extended day classes includes snack & choice of 2 arts offerings