Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: NORC (Naturally Occurring Retirement Community)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 18 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- High School diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred
- One (1) year minimum clerical/secretarial experience
- Experience working with the senior population preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish and/or Chinese required
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good typing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Greet all visitors and refer them to appropriate staff
- Maintain program records
- Complete petty cash expenditures
- Tabulate monthly statistics and prepare statistical reports
- Prepare all reports, memos, emails and other documents
- Ensure daily mail pick-up and deliveries are completed
- Order and inventory office supplies
- Prepare and distribute departmental newsletter
- Complete payroll cards
- Maintain confidential case records
- Answer telephone calls and route calls
- Prepare charts for new clients
- Manage and coordinate office procedures
- Assist Senior Director and Program Director with other duties as assigned
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Administrative Assistant-NORC” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.