Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Urban Family Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Mid-$30,000 range
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, proof reading and typing skills (40 – 45 wpm)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact well and understand needs of a diverse population.
- Professional, courteous demeanor.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and in a team setting.
- Self-motivated and has ability to multitask
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Provide Administrative support as needed to Program Director, Senior Administrative Manager, and Office Manager
- Report directly to Senior Administrative Manager
- Assist with typing and email correspondence, retrieve and file confidential information.
- Responsible for retrieval and input of client information into electronic systems(CARES, FOOTHOLD, SORTS)
- Under supervision of Program Director, review records for documentation compliance with funding agencies.
- Responsible to managing Program Directors calendar
- Maintain up to date critical and funder mandated files.
- Maintain and update staff activity calendars monthly
- Coordinate team meetings, record, and distribute minutes
- Create documentation checklist, and track compliance.
- Responsible for timely submission of mandated reports.
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, printing, and filing.
- Operate telephone switchboard, take accurate messages.
- Provide front office coverage as needed evenings, overnight, holiday.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
To Apply email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com In the subject line, please indicate “Administrative Assistant, UFC” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.