Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Assistant Director of After-School & Camp Services
Department: After-School & Camp Services
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: Education and Employment Services is an 8.2 million dollar division serving about 9000 people each year through a continuum of services from Early Childhood Education through Adult Workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. Education Services include an Early Learn Program, After School Programs (6 sites), 4 Day Camps, Youth Recreation, High School Initiatives including 2 Community Schools, and our Expanded Horizons College Success Program. Programming takes place within 3 community center sites and multiple school-based programs. Employment Services include walk-in employment services, employment services for a public housing population, ESL job readiness training, and employment services for youth including SYEP and Young Adult Internship and Adult Literacy Programs. The Assistant Director of After School & Camp Services reports to the Director of After School & Camp Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in education/youth development and program administration.
- Experience managing budgets and contract compliance requirements.
- Thorough understanding of New York City Department of Health licensing requirements for school age child care programs.
- Experience managing multiple funding sources including DYCD, 21ST CCLC, and ExpandED.
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing after school, and summer camp programming.
- Experience developing elementary and middle school theme based curricula.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage, build relationships, and demonstrate empathy with children and their parents.
- Diverse cultural competence required.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Experience developing and facilitating training sessions/workshops for large groups of staff.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Outlook, Office and Excel; data collection software packages; and the Internet.
- Oversee, manage, and supervise school- and site-based after school programming, and summer camp leadership staff.
- Develop and oversee implementation of program curricula and lesson planning.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, hiring, evaluation, and supervision.
- Establish and maintain contract compliance with DYCD, 21st CCLC, ExpandED, and Fee for service programs.
- Foster positive relationships with all program stakeholders.
- Research and establish new partnership with community organizations.
- Responsible for developing training materials for Coordinator level staff.
- Develop and manage program budgets.
- Maintain strong relationship with children and their families.
- Oversee timely completion of internal and external reports.
- Monitor program operations for DOH compliance at four DOE sites, and two summer camps.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Assistant Director, After-School & Camp Services” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.