Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Assistant Program Director
Department: East Third Street Residence
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
The East 3rd Street Supportive Housing Residence is part of the Transitional and Supportive Housing Division; it offers permanent housing to individuals with a history of homelessness and mental illness. It provides on-site case management which includes linkage to community services, recreational and creative arts workshops and groups.
The Assistant Program Director reports directly to the Residence Program Director. As part of a multidisciplinary team, s/he will supervise the case management staff and other personnel to ensure that the East 3rd Street Supportive Housing Residence meets the highest possible standards of health and safety and provides all needed quality services to residents to meet contractual and regulatory requirements.. This is a full time position: Monday thru Friday; varied hours including evening and weekend work as required. On call response (24 hour) to building and tenant emergencies.
- Licensed Masters Degree in Social Work, or related degree with at least 5 years post-Masters experience (SIFI preferred)
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience
- Excellent problem solving ability with good crisis intervention, communication, strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Experience serving people who are homeless, mentally ill, older adult, medically needy and/or chemically dependent required
- Supportive housing experience preferred
- Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish) preferred
- Must have excellent organizational, decision making and writing skills
- Experience with AWARDS client information system a plus
- Provides direct supervision for case managers and other relevant staff; assists in staff recruiting, completes on-boarding annual performance evaluations, assists and facilitates individualized trauma informed care to tenants.
- Assists with program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides administrative backup to the Program Director, including on-call responsibilities.
- Provides liaison with other HSS programs to facilitate mental and physical healthcare, assess to PROS and Access VR, access to senior services and other related HSS and community programs that contribute to the well being of residents
- Ensures staff compliance with regulatory and funding agencies, clinical documentation standards and requirements through AWARDS database and other client information systems (TMS Maven).
- Carries a caseload of at least 12 residents, meets with clients on a regular basis providing person centered case management; including meeting with individual tenants and their collaterals.
- Participates in the program’s Incident Review Committee and Intake interviews.
- Leads on site group and community life activities.
- Provides timely documentation of relevant contacts and service planning as per best practices and program requirements.
- Supervises Master of Social Work interns/students.
- Attends and conduct case reviews at clinical meeting to ensure the coordination of proper client care.
- Maintains monitors and ensures confidential client records; hard charts and virtual files.
- Works closely with Rent Administrator to ensure timely completion of residents’ financial documentation and other funder requirements.
- Works as part of the Transitional and Supportive Housing Team.
- Other related duties as assigned by Program Director.
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Assistant Program Director – East Third Street Residence” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.