Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Associate Program Director
Department: Urban Family Center (UFC)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Transitional and Supportive Housing Cluster is a $9.1M division which provides Transitional Housing and Supportive Housing to Homeless individuals and Families, victims of Domestic Violence and Formerly Homeless Individuals. Services include four shelters; two family shelters, a domestic violence shelter, a shelter for Single Women with Mental Health Issue as well as a NYNY Supportive Housing building for formerly homeless individuals with Mental Health issues. Services are provided by culturally competent staff and include case management, housing, employment, and children’s programs. These programs are designed to help individuals and families attain their fullest potential in an environment that values respect, dignity, caring and integrity. This position is within the Family Shelters and will oversee the case management, housing and other programs of our Tier II family shelters. This position reports directly to the Deputy Program Officer.
- Minimum six (6) years post-master’s experience working with homeless families
- Minimum four (4) years of supervisory and case management experience with multi-problem families.
- Demonstrated crisis intervention and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of resources for housing, a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, decision making, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience working with budgets
- Experience managing data bases and familiar with WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT
- Responsible for program planning, organizing, operations under the direction of the Program Director and DPO.
- Hire, supervise, train and facilitate the development of professional, support staff and students
- Directly supervise various levels of staff, while developing program priorities, objectives, goals and new initiatives to strengthen programming.
- Supervise Homeless Case Managers, Housing Specialist and various on-site programs. Review services on an ongoing basis and develop new programs as they emerge.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running and administrative oversight of 24/7 facility including on call responsibilities
- Serve as liaison to the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) as well as additional funding sources, umbrella and community groups.
- Administer grants and provide monthly reports and statistical data to city and state agencies and other relevant groups.
- Provide on call administrative back-up coverage on evenings and weekends
- Adhere to contractual obligations and compliance updates dictated by multiple government and private funding sources to maintain contract integrity and performance
- Manage program aspects of fiscal oversight to program including budget, payroll, contract monitoring
- Monitor and update, as needed, systems policy and procedures for program including program and operation manuals
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Program Director & Deputy Program Officer for Transitional and Supportive Housing
To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Associate Program Director, UFC” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.