Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Bilingual Case Manager
Department: Third Street Women’s Residence
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Transitional and Supportive Housing Cluster is a $9.1M division which provides Transitional Housing and Supportive Housing to Homeless individuals and Families, victims of Domestic Violence and Formerly Homeless Individuals. Services include four shelters; two family shelters, a domestic violence shelter, a shelter for Single Women with Mental Health Issue as well as a NYNY Supportive Housing building for formerly homeless individuals with Mental Health issues. Services are provided by culturally competent staff and include case management, housing, employment, and children’s programs. These programs are designed to help individuals and families attain their fullest potential in an environment that values respect, dignity, caring and integrity. This position is within the Third Street Women’s Residence which is a 79 bed shelter for homeless women with Mental Health issues. This program includes on-site psychiatric and nursing services to supplement case management and housing services.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters of Social Work preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience with homeless population
- Demonstrated case management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to remain calm during crisis
- Must be able to work well with others
- Good judgment and problem solving ability
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a must
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office; proficiency in Word and Excel
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Meet with clients bi-weekly, or more frequently as needed, to review progress and identify obstacles
- Ensure rules and regulations are communicated to the residents
- Develop and implement permanent re-housing plans with residents
- Provide crisis intervention counseling
- Provide entitlement referrals and advocacy
- Link residents to agencies providing services for special needs and assist residents in other areas of concern such as housing, substance abuse, etc.
- Accompany residents to appointments, entitlements and service providers, as needed
- Co-facilitate monthly house meetings and floor meetings, weekly housing and specialty groups and workshops
- Coordinate appointments or assist in making appointments with the clients to support them with their independent living plan
- Responsible for preparing all documentation relevant to referrals and services provided to residents
- Ensure documentation is in compliance with agency requirements, and maintain privacy and confidentiality of residents
- Responsible for logging and preparing statistical and demographic reports for services provided as required
- Maintain database of client records, client shelter histories, intake and discharge information regarding client’s stay in shelter, case notes and other computerized records
- Keep informed of resident’s background, history and assessments
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Bilingual Case Manager” AND the website the position was found in subject of e-mail .
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer/program.