Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Domestic Violence Program
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: Urban Family Center provides transitional housing and supportive services for families, their children, and survivors of domestic violence. In addition to housing, residents receive on site social services, including individual/group counseling, support groups, family case management, housing search assistance and employment preparation. UFC has a seamlessly integrated, comprehensive on-site social service program that helps residents restore and rebuild their lives while managing their housing crises.
- Minimum BA/BS/BSW; Master of Social Work (MSW) preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with indigent families
- Experience working with the Domestic Violence and Homeless populations
- Knowledge of community resources
- Strong case management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good judgment and problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to keep calm and work well with people
- Knowledge of computers such as Microsoft office, Outlook, etc.
- Experience providing individual and/or group counseling preferred
- Coordinate all social services for residents
- Provide individual/family/group counseling, crisis intervention counseling and case management services for assigned families
- Interview and assess needs of the survivor and the family
- Develop and implement a treatment plan and assist clients in developing a plan to move towards permanent housing
- Advocate for legal, health, and other social services for the family and the population
- Accompany residents to appointments including: public assistance, apartment viewing, interviews, lease signing, and furniture shopping when necessary
- Conduct outreach and community presentations in the community as assigned
- Maintain and develop up-to-date information and resources to meet the diverse social services and housing needs of the families
- Assist clients with completing relevant applications for housing subsidies and programs. Advocate on behalf of the clients to ensure that they receive the appropriate subsidies. Connect families to other shelter and HSS programs as needed (e.g. shelter employment, youth after-school camp, etc.)
- Perform all other tasks deemed necessary at the direction of the Program supervisor to aide in the shelter’s achieving its programmatic goals
- Maintain case records, group documentation, and other required documents/reports on or before deadlines
- On call weekend coverage on a rotating basis for the Homeless and Domestic Violence residents
- Work one later shift per week (12 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Case Manager/Domestic Violence Program” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.