Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Meals on Wheels
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 18 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) preferred
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish or English/Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin) preferred
- Experience working with the Aging Population
- Strong computer knowledge including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Data management skills
- Ability to travel throughout Manhattan
- Complete all required intake documentation to initiate meals and input into DFTA STARs system for new MOW clients
- Provide assessments for all potentially eligible seniors and annual reassessments for clients receiving second dinner meal
- Conduct in home visits to homebound seniors
- Process up to 90 incoming referrals daily and disseminate the information to subcontractors and/or update Henry Street’s routes
- Answer all calls from homebound seniors and case managers regarding meal delivery; addressing and log client complaints for follow-up.
- Maintain and update an accurate client list, database and route sheets. Print route sheets weekly
- Communicate with case management agency to provide delivery timeframes, start dates and clients’ delivery status.
- Coordinate with Senior Companions program (SCP) and oversee HSS Meals on Wheels SCP station
- Oversee the telephone conference program for homebound seniors, “On the Line”
- Supervise students and volunteers as assigned
- Establish and Maintain relationships and contacts with but not limited to: hospitals and clinics, senior residents, tenants associations, elected officials, homecare agencies and houses of worship
- Attend community and funder meetings as assigned
- Prepare and compile monthly reports and ensure that case contact requirements are met and are in compliance with agency and contractual guidelines and procedures
- Participate in all required trainings
- Other duties as assigned by the program director
To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Case Manager- Meals on Wheels” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.