Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Client Care Coordinator
Department: Urban Family Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
Urban Family Center provides transitional housing and supportive services for families, their children, and survivors of domestic violence. In addition to housing, residents receive on site social services, including individual/group counseling, support groups, family case management, housing search assistance and employment preparation. UFC has a seamlessly integrated, comprehensive on-site social service program that helps residents restore and rebuild their lives while managing their housing crises.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) or LMSW required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Experience working with the Homeless populations, families and children required
- Knowledge of community resources
- Strong case management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good judgment and problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to keep calm and work well with people
- Knowledge of computers such as Microsoft office, Outlook, etc.
- Experience providing individual and/or group counseling
- Interview and assess needs the family , completing a comprehensive bio psychosocial assessment
- Conduct risk assessment; coordinate safety planning and crisis intervention strategies
- Assist clients with completing relevant applications for housing subsidies and programs. Advocate on behalf of the clients to ensure that they receive the appropriate subsidies. Connect families to other shelter and HSS programs as needed (e.g. shelter employment, youth afterschool camp, etc.)
- Collaborate with ACS and /or prevention services agencies when a family is child welfare involved; participate in ACS conferences to advocate for the family
- Provide psycho education to families/ facilitate groups
- Facilitate a team review/discussion of the bio psychosocial assessment
- Provide short term counseling as needed
- Accompany residents to appointments including: public assistance, apartment viewing, interviews, lease signing, and furniture signing when necessary
- Make referrals and appropriate assessments linkages and help determine the need for further Client Care Coordination
- Develop and implement employable plans with residents and the agencies employment program
- Facilitate quarterly family meetings ( with family +shelter staff) to discuss planning efforts and progress
- Maintain and develop up-to-date information and resources to meet the diverse social services and housing needs of the families
- On call weekend coverage on a rotation
- Varied work schedule based upon client and group scheduling needs
- Perform all other tasks deemed necessary at the direction of the Program supervisor to aide in the shelter’s achieving its programmatic goals
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Client Care Coordinator”
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.