Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Client Care Worker/Office Assistant
Department: Third Street Women’s Residence
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Transitional and Supportive Housing Cluster is a $9.1M division which provides Transitional Housing and Supportive Housing to Homeless individuals and Families, victims of Domestic Violence and Formerly Homeless Individuals. Services include four shelters; two family shelters, a domestic violence shelter, a shelter for Single Women with Mental Health Issue as well as a NYNY Supportive Housing building for formerly homeless individuals with Mental Health issues.
Services are provided by culturally competent staff and include case management, housing, employment, and children’s programs. These programs are designed to help individuals and families attain their fullest potential in an environment that values respect, dignity, caring and integrity. This position is within the Third Street Women’s Residence which is a 79 bed shelter for homeless women with Mental Health issues. This program includes on-site psychiatric and nursing services to supplement case management and housing services. This position reports directly to the Shift Supervisor.
Responsibilities: The Client Care Worker/Office is responsible for working with clients to help them obtain housing, Help clients live full and satisfying lives in the community; help their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations including achieving contracted housing placement goals; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements. This position is within a 24/7 program and must be available for coverage during 5:00PM- 1:00AM and 1:00AM- 9:00AM tours in addition to being part of the coverage rotation. High School Diploma with at least 4 years relevant experience. Associate Degree in Social Work preferred and 1 year relevant.
- Reception- Provides consistent and courteous coverage of reception and telecommunications switchboard to ensure positive customer service and timely, efficient communication and flow of information for clients, visitors and associates; answers incoming calls, directing calls and messages to appropriate staff, and provides basic referral information to callers as needed
- Log all metro cards requests for clients in log book
- Ensure all client sign the roster on a daily basis
- Update the control sheet on a daily basis
- Ensure all clients property are properly labelled and stored
- Log in and update all clients in the admissions and discharges binder
- Prepare residency letter for clients as needed
- Assist in filing, copying and scanning required letters and forms
- Record information during intake of incoming clients
- Maintain all log books, including laundry appointments, fax and telephone usage
- Maintain resident is signing the daily sign-in and sign-out sheets
- File office documents and all client records as needed
- Prepare client folders for new intakes
- Perform all other tasks deemed necessary at the direction of the Office Manger & Program Supervisor to aide in the shelter achieving its programmatic goals
- Operational support- Ensures the health and safety of the program by identifying and reporting facility and equipment maintenance needs 3
- Clerical support- Provides administrative support as assigned for organizational activities, including but not limited to: word processing, data entry, typing, filing and record-keeping
Team duties include:
- Fostering seamless service provision across shifts
- Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program’s mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
- Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
- Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
- Carry out intakes on clients.
Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable
- Responding to crises.
- Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
- Conducting walkthroughs around the facility
- Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization
- Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
- Carrying out specific activities to support the overall functioning of the program
- Assisting with medication management
- Assisting with kitchen meal duties as needed
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication, writing, proof reading and typing skills (40 – 45 wpm)
- Good judgment and problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential information and documentation
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification, Fire Conductor or Fire Safety and Alarm Systems( Homeless Shelter F-80), licensure within the first three (3) months of employment
- Bi-lingual preferred (English & Spanish)
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Client Care Worker/Office Assistant” in subject of e-mail AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer/program.