Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Third Street Women’s Residence
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Transitional and Supportive Housing Cluster is a $9.1M division which provides Transitional Housing and Supportive Housing to Homeless individuals and Families, victims of Domestic Violence and Formerly Homeless Individuals. Services include four shelters; two family shelters, a domestic violence shelter, a shelter for Single Women with Mental Health Issue as well as a NYNY Supportive Housing building for formerly homeless individuals with Mental Health issues. Services are provided by culturally competent staff and include case management, housing, employment, and children’s programs. These programs are designed to help individuals and families attain their fullest potential in an environment that values respect, dignity, caring and integrity. This position is within the Third Street Women’s Residence which is a 79 bed shelter for homeless women with Mental Health issues. This program includes on-site psychiatric and nursing services to supplement case management and housing services. This position reports directly to the Program Director.
- Master’s degree with LCSW required
- Current New York State Social Work License
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in supervisory/managerial/administrative positions in the Mental Health Field
- Ability to oversee multiple programs
- Experience with city, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Familiar with Compliance and Quality Improvement
- Seasoned Clinician with thorough understanding of complex medical and behavioral conditions, i.e for SPMI population
- Experience in program implementation and Management of Dual Diagnosis Client Population
- Familiar with culturally diverse populations
- Oversee the daily clinical operations of the Third Street Women’s Shelter
- Direct supervision of case manager supervisor, masters level students, provides clinical supervision to the case managers, liaison with onsite psychiatrists and nursing staff
- Carry a caseload of clients who require therapy
- Responsible for weekly reviews, case conferences, in-service training etc.
- Develop and implement strategies to integrate Mental Health, Physical Health and Substance Abuse Services and referrals for clients
- Visualize and develop new program initiatives as well as enhance current programs
- Develop administrative systems for Quality Assurance and Utilization Review/ maintain audit-ready status for a mental Health Shelter
- Facilitate staff training in Best Practices / Evidence Based Treatment models
- Consult with staff around psychiatric client crises
- Maintain a current, effective Risk Management strategy for High Risk clients
- Responsible for statistics, reporting and other administrative tasks related to programs
- Part of the Transitional and Supportive Housing team and represents the Program Officer at DHS meetings, conferences and other events as required
- Other related duties as assigned by the Program Director
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Clinical Director” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.