Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Data Entry Associate
Department: Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full-Time, Temporary
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The purpose of the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is to provide New York City youth with summer employment and educational experiences that build on their individual strengths and incorporate youth development principles. These principles include engaging the talents and interests of youth, developing their skills and competencies, and providing positive adult role models.
The goals and objectives of SYEP are:
- To provide a valuable work experience at job sites that are safe and well supervised
- To assist youth in identifying their career interests through exposure to different industries, occupations, educational pathways, and the requirements for success in each of them
- To enable youth to acquire positive work habits and develop employment‐related skills
- To facilitate the long‐term employment and self‐sufficiency of youth
- To enable youth to develop a greater understanding of higher education and career options available to them
- To enable youth to develop financial literacy and other competencies that will prepare them to succeed in their transition to adulthood
- High School Diploma/GED required; College Degree or current college enrollment preferred
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to type accurately and knowledge of basic spelling and grammar (will be tested prior to hire)
- Must be detailed oriented and an excellent multi-tasker
- Unflappable customer service and time management skills
- Ability to make deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for youth & community development
- Ability to travel between different program offices
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Contact participants and partner agencies during recruitment periods
- Conduct intake and enrollment of eligible applicants
- Accurately enter participant information and payroll into web-based database system
- Communicate regularly with participants and their parents as well as worksite partners by phone and email
- Maintain participant files and ensure completion of all program paperwork for participants; prepare and maintain files for final funder audit
- Maintain activity, education and general enrollment rosters using Google Documents, Excel, and web-based database system
- Supervise and mentor SYEP interns ages 14 to 24
- Attend weekly meetings, division staff meetings and actively participate in addressing workflow as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Data Entry Associate” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.