Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: External Affairs, Individual Giving
Start Date: May 2017
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Date Posted: 3/27/17
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two (2) years of experience in a Development Office, preferably with experience overseeing individual giving and major gift cultivation
- Superior written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communications in fundraising
- Ability to work effectively with board members, staff, volunteers and donors/prospects
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and web applications
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple demands and deadlines
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a hands on work environment
- Develop and implement an individual giving strategy, including growing individual gifts, cultivating/stewarding existing donors, and identifying prospective new individual and major donors
- Research and implement new individual donor cultivation strategies, including innovative uses of technology, social media, crowdfunding, new planned giving initiatives, and collaboration with Henry Street Settlement’s volunteer department
- Write text and coordinate design, production, and mailing of print and email appeals for Henry Street Settlement and the Abrons Arts Center. Engage in new creative strategies to improve ROI and engage new donors
- Support young professional leadership group, including coordinating events and developing cultivation strategies for young donors
- Oversee Henry Street’s TCS New York Marathon group
- Use data and research to strategically grow existing donor and mailing lists
- Prepare and provide support to Executive Director, Deputy Development Officer, and Board Members for solicitation and reporting
- Assist in the production and management of cultivation, recognition, and fund-raising events
- Maintain clear, complete and up-to-date records on contributions
- Maintain detailed records of prospects, donor conversations, acknowledgements, proposal submissions, reports and notes
- Monitor individual gift revenue/expenses and the budgets for cultivation events and activities
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: email Cover Letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Development Associate” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.