Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Director of Performance Programs
Department: Abrons Arts Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Date Posted: 5/22/17
Program Overview: The Abrons Arts Center is the 2014 OBIE Award-winning arts program of Henry Street Settlement. Abrons advocates for diverse artistic communities through educational programs, residencies, exhibitions and presentations. With a firm belief in the transformative power of art to mobilize progressive social movements, Abrons is a haven for creative experimentation that strives to give voice to under represented communities. Each year the Center welcomes over 35,000 people with over 250 performances, 12 gallery exhibitions, 20 artist residencies for performing and studio practitioners, and 100 different classes in dance, music, theater, and visual art. The Center also provides New York City public schools with teaching artists, introducing more than 3,000 students to the arts.
The Abrons Art Center is looking for a Director of Performance Programs to work as part of the organization’s senior leadership team. The Director of Performance Programs will work collaboratively with the Directors of Tech, Engagement/Education and Visual Arts to provide services to Abrons artists and audiences. He/she will lead a team to implement a variety of producorial functions as part of Abrons’ ongoing, vibrant presenting activity.
- BA degree or higher
- Strong knowledge of and relationships with NYC dance and theater performance community
- Exceptional communication skills and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Extremely organized with ability multitask and manage multiple projects at various stages of development
- Knowledge of non-profit arts fundraising
- Knowledge of project and program financial management
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Ovationtix and Mac systems
- Oversee management of Abrons theater, dance and music programs
- Liaise with season artists to steward activity with production, marketing and operations department
- Generate and manage artist contracts
- Assist with season planning, scheduling and execution
- Manage performing artist residency programming
- Manage rental programming for studios, performance spaces and special events in collaboration with Operations team
- Oversee performing arts program budgets and financial reporting
- Generate and manage production budgets, purchase orders, deposits, petty cash, payables/receivables for presenting activity
Marketing and Press
- Work with Director and Marketing Department to manage Abrons web content, social media and PR relations
Program Operations and Front of House
- Manage Audience Services, Box Office and House Management staff
- Manage Ovationtix oversight and accounting
- Work with Director to develop programs and craft grant content in collaboration with Development team
- Liaise with Development team to track and report programming activity and finances related to granting
To Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Director of Performance” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.