Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Front Desk Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience required
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience required
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple functional tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Manage mail receipt, distribution and postage agency-wide
- Supervise receptionists at two locations (265 and 301 Henry Street); manage scheduling and training of staff, provide regular supervision, review time cards for accuracy and give to supervisor for signature in a timely fashion, conduct annual performance evaluations
- Schedule per diem employees when full-time staff is out of the office and provide emergency coverage if needed
- Manage telephone lines and transfer to correct extension
- Monitor phone service at all locations and report potential problems with service immediately to supervisor and stakeholders; call in all trouble tickets to appropriate vendor (AT&T, Verizon and Reliable Voice & Data) and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Greet and assist all visitors and ensure sign-in sheet is completed; this includes all clients, guests, delivery and maintenance contractors
- Accept deliveries and contact the addressee to notify them of delivery
- Manage UPSA/UPS/FedEx service; direct staff to fill out necessary forms, call to schedule pick-ups as needed
- Manage messenger services; assist employees with all messenger requests; accept requests for service, provide staff with delivery request forms, store messenger’s Metro Card in a secure location
- Log general accounting checks on a daily basis
- Manage purchases for postage, supplies, and phone services
- Keep reception area clean and quiet
- Assist in producing timely and accurate business services reports (phone and phone line inventory, postage usage, etc.)
- Other related duties and special assignments as needed
To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Front Desk Manager” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.