Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Youth Services (After-School Services)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Temporary, Part Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: This position is part of the Henry Street Settlement Education and Employment Services Division, which is a $10M division providing a continuum of services from early childhood education through adult workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. Education Services include 2 day care centers, after school programs (6 sites), camp programs (3 sites), middle school and high school initiatives, and the Expanded Horizons College Access and Retention program (both community center and school based).
- Must be currently enrolled in high school or college and have good academic standing
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to participate in team-oriented work
- Interest in providing quality educational and enrichment experiences to youth
- Must be available to work five (5) days a week from 2:30 to 6:00 p.m.
- Must be able to support youth participation in a variety of physical activities at multiple sites
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Mandarin/Cantonese) a plus
- Understand and enforce after-school program expectations, policies and protocols
- Assist in the adherence to the after-school schedule
- Assist with homework and actively participate in all other in-class educational and recreational activities
- Communicate with Program Coordinator about any schedule modifications or important behavioral or environmental issues
- Demonstrate appropriate communication with families, teachers, staff and children
- Attend regular staff meetings and trainings
- Track attendance through accurate record keeping
- Report regularly to the Director of After-School Services and as necessary to the Director of Educational & Youth Services and other program directors
- Collaborate with the after-school staff at other Henry Street Settlement after-school sites
- Assist with special events as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Group Aide” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.