Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Jobs Plus
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full-Time; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Tuesdays 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement houses in New York City, as well as one of the city’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate, and individual support.
Jobs Plus is a part of Henry Street Settlement’s Education and Employment Services, a $10M division providing a continuum of services from early childhood education through adult workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. Jobs Plus is a placed based workforce development program helping NYCHA residents find viable employment and connect to other support services. Once employed, the Jobs Plus team continues to work with participants to maintain employment and build careers. The Jobs Plus Job Developer will bridge the gap between employer and job seeker; establish strong business accounts that result in direct placement of Jobs Plus Members in viable employment
- Successfully secure weekly/monthly metrics for unsubsidized employment placements, including part-time and/ or full time employment of 20 hours a week or more.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers (small and large business accounts) in order to generate job opportunities for members.
- Possess a comprehensive job bank and the ability to leverage relationships with employers to meet the employment needs of Jobs Plus client base.
- Work closely with program staff and employers to determine the best employment matches based on qualifications and interests.
- Proficiency at supporting the employment needs of unemployed/underemployed low-income, non-mandated diverse population of NYCHA residents.
- Conduct daily follow up with employers to identify strengths, areas for improvement, and next steps to maximize connections to viable job opportunities.
- Design and create recruitment strategies, job fairs, on-site employer visits and facilitate info sessions for internet job searches and application processes.
- Market job opportunities to job-seekers through one-on-one meetings, on-site recruitment events and social media outlets.
- Help prepare candidates for interviews one-on-one or in group/workshop settings, screen candidates for job interviews and make appropriate referrals to employers.
- Make ongoing follow-up calls with job-seekers and employers to determine employment status and collect employment verification documents.
- Network with businesses, trade associations and other groups to develop new employer relationships.
- Meet monthly placement targets and report on results.
- Manage database of job development leads.
- Carry a small caseload of clients.
- Coordinate employer outreach with Director of Business Development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associates degree or HSD with equivalent years of experience required.
- Two to three years’ experience in job development or account management or Recruiting.
- Exceptional sales skills with a demonstrated ability to generate leads, close deals and deliver results.
- Prior experience working with individuals with barriers to employment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience meeting weekly & monthly metrics for a performance-driven setting.
- Superior communications skills, ability to engage a wide range of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team and work independently.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Impeccable time management skills and accountability of work requirements.
- Knowledge of New York City labor market trends and employer based tax incentives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Google Docs, PP and online sourcing tools.
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Job Developer” and the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.