Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Urban Family Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Part Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 18 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience working in building maintenance
- Must be able to pass the FDNY – F80 Certificate of fitness
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays on a rotating basis
- Clean stairwells and lobbies in a six (6) story walk-up building
- Assist with garbage removal
- General care of grounds (such as ensuring the walkways are safe in all weather conditions)
- Assist in cleaning and preparing apartments for residents (includes lifting and carrying furniture, kitchen appliances, etc.)
- Assist resident move-ins and move-outs
- Assist the Superintendent and painting departments as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Assist the Plant Manager on a rotating basis with exterminations
- Other related duties as assigned by Plant Manager
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Maintenance/Porter” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.