Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Abrons Arts Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Abrons Arts Center is the 2014 OBIE Award-winning arts program of Henry Street Settlement. Abrons advocates for diverse artistic communities through educational programs, residencies, exhibitions and presentations. With a firm belief in the transformative power of art to mobilize progressive social movements, Abrons is a haven for creative experimentation and strives to give voice to under represented communities.
Each year the Center welcomes over 35,000 people with over 250 performances, 12 gallery exhibitions, 20 artist residencies for performing and studio practitioners, and 100 different classes in dance, music, theater, and visual art. The Center also provides New York City public schools with teaching artists, introducing more than 3,000 students to the arts. The Abrons Art Center is seeking a skilled and ambitious Marketing Manager to work as part of the organization’s team. The Marketing Manager will help to strategize and implement the Center’s publicity, print and digital marketing campaigns across all programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a minimum of 4-years’ experience; combination of equivalent education and experience considered
- Excellent written, communication skills and demonstrated copyediting experience
- Visual acumen with an eye for photo-editing
- Design flair and demonstrated experience with InDesign, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Illustrator for created promotional materials and digital content
- Social media savvy with demonstrated experience in coordinating strategy across multiple social media platforms
- Experience with digital advertising purchasing
- Solutions oriented and highly organized
- Strong belief in, and desire to promote the work of the agency
- Sense of humor and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Available some evenings and weekends
- Creates written, visual and multimedia content targeted toward specific social media platforms and audiences (e.g., photos and statuses and videos for social media) & ensures consistent messaging
- Shoot and edit photographs & short videos
- Creates and maintains Arts Center online photo archives
- Design programs, flyers, brochures, invitations, posters and postcards
- Crafts and edits weekly Arts Center email blasts and specific dedicated eblasts
- Create and maintain press/media lists & marketing partnerships
- Oversees distribution of postcards, flyers, etc. to Henry Street clients/sites and local residents
- Serve as a liaison between AAC and other Settlement programs to promote arts offerings
- Supports with photography at events, when necessary
- Represent Arts Center at street fairs and special events and openings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Marketing Manager – Abrons Arts Center” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.