Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Office Assistant Floater
Department: Urban Family Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
Urban Family Center (UFC) provides transitional housing and supportive services for families, their children, and survivors of domestic violence. In addition to housing, residents receive on site social services, including individual/group counseling, support groups, family case management, housing search assistance and employment preparation. UFC has a seamlessly integrated, comprehensive on-site social service program that helps residents restore and rebuild their lives while managing their housing crises.
- High School Diploma and Office experience required
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong proofreading and typing skills (40 – 45 wpm)
- Must have good judgment and problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to handle confidential information and documentation
- Must be able to work 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. & 1 a.m. to 9 a.m. shift
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- Answer telephone and take accurate messages
- General office functions such as copying, faxing and mailing all required documents
- Sorting and distribution of mail and packages to residents and staff
- Weekly update of client roster
- Record information on all clients in CARES system
- Print daily Client information log of missing signature
- Responsible for maintaining all log books, including faxing, and telephone usage along with laundry appointments
- Maintaining resident Daily Sign In Sheets, In and Out Logs
- Preparation of binders after client intake
- Light typing of correspondences for Case Managers
- Filing office document
- Preparing client folders for new intakes
- Copy and file time cards as is needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line, please indicate “Office Assistant Floater, UFC” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.