Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Program Director for Residential Housing Unit
Department: Health & Wellness/Mental Health
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Date Posted: 12/27/16
Company Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- MSW required; LMSW preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical and supervisory experience
- Excellent working knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Excellent relationship skills and capacity to work effectively with adults, children and families
- Ability to work in team setting
- Available to be on-call and accessible 24 hours, 7 days per week for emergency contact
- Provide overall supervision of staff, tutors and volunteers including individual and group supervision
- Plan and implement program initiatives for tenants of Stanton Street building
- Maintain consistent communication with liaison personnel of NYCHA, HASA and management and security companies; Develop formal and informal communication channels; meet weekly with Managing agent to assure adequate coordination
- Maintain daily communication and oversight of Security personnel and contact with their supervisors on as needed basis; review security log on weekly basis; assist in provision of training for Security Guards at Stanton building on an as needed basis.
- Arrange and conduct Initial Screening/ Orientation of each entering tenant family; work closely with staff and the management company during periods of change in tenancy
- Provide individual and family treatment for assigned FMH/ Stanton clients; Complete required documentation in a timely manner including: Initial Psychosocial Assessment, progress notes, quarterly Tx summaries, referral material, client related correspondence (SSI & VESID applications, Access-a-Ride, ADAP etc), transfer and termination and Annual FMH assessments
- Order and oversee acquisition of supplies, equipment and furnishings for Stanton building in consultation with HSS CCC administrative personnel.
- Meet bi- weekly with FMH Project Director regarding on-going implementation of program and supervision; Develop procedures and protocol in writing for emergencies, staff coverage; Participate in Community Consultation Center (CCC) agency based meetings including Intake Review, case conferences with Clinical Director and Rounds
- Conduct and coordinate after-school educational enrichment and homework assistance program for Stanton children; Provide educational enrichment activities and experiences to meet the educational needs of children ranging in school age from pre-K to young adulthood.
- Develop daily activities/ mini-lessons, design schedule according to needs of group members.
- Develop and implement individualized educational goals with each child and parent. Implement quarterly progress reviews with parents and children.
- Organize and coordinate program events; Plan and implement educational, holiday/ seasonal group outings/trips
- Liaise with local schools and support organizations including volunteer services.
- Advocate and provide escort as needed both with parents and children in school conferences, educational and neurological assessments and extra educational services; Help to secure adequate school placement
- Participate in program planning and implementation with multi-disciplined team
- Purchase educational and program supplies as needed
- Facilitate adult educational program, i.e. computer and internet, resume writing
- Provide referrals for children, adolescents and parents for outside organizations as required
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Program Director for Residential Housing Unit” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.