Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Urban Family Center
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 18 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years demonstrated experience working in a social service agency with indigent families
- New York State Security Guard License required
- F24 Fire Safety Coordinator Certificate preferred
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certificate required within 90 days of hire
- Demonstrate crisis intervention skills
- Ability to keep calm and work well with others
- Assist all program staff in conflict intervention and management of residents
- Provide security and monitor all internal and external areas of six buildings
- Maintain post until relief coverage is provided
- Maintain daily written logs of shelter security activity
- Inform proper personnel when an incident occurs with residents, and if police, EMT or other agency personnel are on premises
- Complete incident reports for both Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Settlement prior to end of scheduled shift
- Assist residents in moving in and out of facility
- Maintain cleanliness of post and remove garbage in compliance with DHS and NYC Department of Sanitation guidelines
- Provide assistance with building maintenance and cleaning, including snow removal as needed
- Additional related duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Resident Assistant” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.