Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Department: Youth Services
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Part Time / 25 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: This position is part of the Henry Street Settlement Education and Employment Services Division, which is a $10M division providing a continuum of services from early childhood education through adult workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. Education Services include 2 day care centers, after-school programs (6 sites), camp programs (3 sites), middle school and high school initiatives, and the Expanded Horizons College Access and Retention program (both community center and school based).
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Demonstrated commitment to working with inner-city youth and young adults
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office and various databases
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Experience in word-processing, database computer software programs and the Internet
- Answer a multi-line telephone system
- Manage and route phone calls, mail and faxes
- Ensure visitors sign-in and out of the building
- Ensure check-in and sign-out of all program participants
- Ensure only authorized persons pick up participants
- Maintain accurate attendance of all program participants
- Enter attendance into various databases or worksheets as needed
- Ensure no loitering in front of or in lobby of the building
- Escort participants between program sites as needed
- Assist with general inquiries
- Complete incident reports
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Security / Reception” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.