Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Substitute Driver/Meal Deliverer
Department: Meals on Wheels
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Part Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Date Posted: 3/20/15
Date Reposted: 12/12/16
- High school diploma/GED required
- Five (5) years driving experience
- Knowledge of Lower East Side and Midtown Manhattan streets
- Maintain clean driving record
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to carry bags between 15-30 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Available to work on call with little notice
- Good people skills
- Interested in providing services to seniors
- Provide staff coverage for delivery staff when needed
- Deliver meals to homebound elderly seniors and conduct safety checks
- Report “no answers” and client emergencies immediately to the administrative office
- Record deliveries and maintain route sheet
- Communicate concerns with delivery with supervisor or the Director
- Adhere to program policies and procedures
- Maintain the upkeep of the vehicle
- Navigate through New York City’s congested streets safely
- Other duties as assigned
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Substitute Driver/Meal Deliverer” in subject of e-mail AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer/program.