Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Organization Overview: Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity to enrich lives and expand human progress for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs. Building on its 125-year legacy of innovation and effective programming, Henry Street offers more than 50 programs and is one of New York City’s largest social service agencies.
Position Overview: We are seeking a System Administrator who will aid as our Senior Helpdesk specialist and will be an expert within Salesforce. The ideal candidate will be a resource for program staff, providing ongoing operational assistance and advanced technical issue resolution. The System Administrator will oversee the Henry Street employee directory, Intranet and manage the Salesforce implementations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT field
- Must be proficient in Windows 7, Windows 10and Mac OS X
- Demonstrated experience working in LAN and WAN environments
- Working knowledge of Windows Server Enterprise environment and Active Directory
- Knowledge of VOIP phone systems
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Salesforce.com
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Problem solving/analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Create, modify, and terminate user accounts, security groups, and distribution list in the Active Directory, Google Suite, Salesforce and the HSS Intranet.
- Provide general database support in following systems: Salesforce, Google Suite and HSS Intranet.
- Maintain Microsoft Exchange e-mail accounts and public folder access through Microsoft Exchange System Manager.
- Lead escalation resource for Desktop support specialists, to provide assistance when trouble-shooting desk side issues, including issues which may be server related.
- Provide basic system training for new hires on agency IT policies.
- Provide basic system administration of VOIP phone system
- Administration of IT ticketing system (opening, resolving, and occasionally assigning tickets)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with end users, vendors, and managers
- Other activities as needed
Essential Physical Job Functions:
- Ability to lift IT equipment up to 30 pounds
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “System Administrator” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.