Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
2017 TCS New York City Marathon
Henry Street is proud to be an official charity partner of the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon! Henry Street’s team will be running in support of over 60,000 New Yorkers who depend on the Settlement’s programs for the arts, healthcare, education, employment help and shelter.
Perks of joining #TeamHenry:
- Making a difference: Your run and fundraising campaign will support our vital and impactful programs for individuals and families in need. Way to add meaning to your miles!
- We’re fun! You’re joining an awesome community of likeminded runners who want to support a local charity.
- Group runs: Group runs are led by resident marathon fanatic, Jeremy who is our Deputy Director of Development. He’s run multiple marathons including the TCS NYC Marathon and the Boston Marathon.
- Pre-run dinner: We host a pasta dinner for all our runners the Friday before the marathon so our runners can load up on carbs and we can thank them for all their hard work.
- Volunteer opportunities: Come volunteer at Henry Street with your fellow runners and see firsthand the impact that you will make.
- Special events: As a part of #TeamHenry, you’ll receive complimentary tickets to our annual fall party at the art house theater, Metrograph.
- Fundraising requirements
- Each runner must raise $2,500 by November 5, 2017 (the day of the marathon.) Unfortunately, NYRR does not allow runners to combine campaigns, which means anyone who raises more than $2,500 can’t make up for a team member who doesn’t meet the minimum.
- Race registration fees (this is the fee that you must pay to New York Road Runners, the organization that produces the race)
- $255 for NYRR members
- $295 for non NYRR members
- $358 for non members and non US residents