Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Human Resources Intern
Department: Fiscal/Human Resources
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary/Salary Range: Travel Stipend
Hours: Approx. 15-20 hours per week (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
Date Postsed: 1/30/17
Company Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year bachelor undergraduate program – HR degree preferred
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good organizations skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality required
- Report to the Human Resources Generalist
- Assist in maintaining employee personnel files, including filing sensitive employee information in correct employee personnel files
- Assist in tracking various incoming employee forms
- Assist with internal audits of personnel files
- Assist in maintaining resume database
- General administrative duties, including typing, word processing, and filing
- Assist department with various HR projects including preparing for training sessions
- Assist with maintaining the HR voicemail inbox
- Assist in creating new hire and benefit orientation packets
- Assist with new hire onboarding process
- Assist with input and processing of new employees using the HR/ Payroll database
- Other duties as assigned by Human Resources Generalist
To Apply: email Letter of Interest and Resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “HR Intern” AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.