Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Betances at Henry Street
On July 15, 2019, Health Unlimited became Betances Health Center at Henry Street Settlement.
Our patients’ medical services remain unchanged, with the same providers as before, at 40 Montgomery Street. Betances Health Center at Henry Street Settlement now offers expanded health care services, including pediatric care, and can make connections to specialty services like podiatry, dental care, women’s health, and nutrition at Betances’s main site at 280 Henry Street.
For more information call 212.233.5033.
Need a doctor?
Betances Health Center provides comprehensive primary health care services to adults in a warm, friendly environment. Patients are seen by appointment, but walk-ins are welcome if there is an urgent medical matter. Every attempt is made to keep waiting time to a minimum.
Betances is staffed by a board-certified physicians, physicians assistants and/or nurse practitioners. Betances offers:
- Preventative well adult care (ages 18 and older)
- Immunizations/vaccinations for adults and children
- Women’s health including routine GYN/PAP tests, breast exams and family planning
- STD and HIV testing
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Lab tests including EKGs, blood work, urine analysis, glucose testing
- Nutritional and smoking cessation counseling
Among the illnesses treated are chronic conditions like diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure, as well as routine complaints like rashes, coughs and colds. When needed, referrals to specialists are made.