Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Henry Street Settlement Senior Center
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Senior Center programming has moved online. Email email@example.com for information and updates.
Henry Street Settlement Senior Center is a multi-lingual and multi-cultural center that has been serving the needs of the Lower East Side’s senior community for over 65 years by offering a variety of activities and social services. The staff speaks English, Chinese and Spanish.
Incorporating a unique wellness model, the Center provides important nutritional information to enhance the health of seniors, and offers affordable hot lunches Sunday through Friday and dinners Monday through Friday. Seniors are encouraged to participate in recreational activities, and to take advantage of the two fitness rooms, complete with machines and free weights.
Trilingual case management services are also available.
The Center is located at 334 Madison Street and open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday for seniors 60+.
The Center’s programs include:
Health & Wellness
- Lunches, Sunday – Friday 12 – 1 p.m.
- Dinners, Monday – Friday, 4 – 5:45 p.m.
- Breakfast, Sunday 10 – 11 a.m.
- Tai chi
- Latin & Chinese Dance
- Exercise classes
- Fitness room with exercise machines
- Health screenings
- Presentations on aging, nutrition, depression, medication and more
- Full-time bilingual social worker
- Case management
- Benefits and entitlements
- Information and referral
Recreation & Education
- Arts and crafts
- Bi-lingual computer classes
- Parties and holiday celebrations
- Karaoke and sing-a-longs
- Drawing and painting
- Trips to performances, cultural sites and more
- Dominos, billiards, bingo and ping pong
Henry Street Settlement Senior Center receives funding through the New York City Department for the Aging.