Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Abrons Arts Camp
Ages 5 to 13
July 5 – August 18, 2017
Ignite your child’s creative spark this summer at Abrons Arts Center! Our camp offers transformational arts learning experiences and cultural excursions for ages 5 – 13. Campers will become drummers, choreographers, puppeteers, and podcast hosts, learning about the world through their art, and sharing their art with the world!
This playful environment blends artistic skill building alongside professional artist educators, outdoor garden and park recreational time, weekly water activities, and field trip excursions to internationally acclaimed cultural hubs like Pioneer Works, Queens Museum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Museum of the Moving Image, The High Line, Theaterworks, and The Lowline. Watch confidence and critical thinking develop during Friday open studios. Each session features a youth authored performance and exhibition.
DATES AND TIMES
July 5 – August 18, 2017
Mondays – Fridays | 9 AM – 5 PM
Drop Off | 8:30 – 9 AM
Pick Up | 5 – 5:30 PM
Optional Extended Day | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Full Summer | 7/5 – 8/18 | Camp $1,980 | Camp & Extended Day $2,310
Session A | 7/5 – 7/28 | Camp $1,080 | Camp & Extended Day $1,260
Session B | 7/31 – 8/18 | Camp $900 | Camp & Extended Day $1,050
Camp tuition must be paid in full by June 28, 2017. There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee per camper.
Tuition assistance is available for all youth who are unable to afford camp. See tuition assistance form for details.
- Daily arts instruction in dance, music, theater, and visual arts
- Classes are pedagogically framed around the exploratory development of arts skills
- Professional artist teachers and counselors with educational academic backgrounds
- Special guest artist workshops and performances
- Opportunities to make lifelong friendships and practice collaboration
- Weekly cultural field trips to experience NYC museums, galleries, and theaters
- Weekly water activities including water parks, splash pads, and H20 playgrounds!
- Daily outdoor recreation time in Lower East Side parks
- Open art studios for families every Friday
- Student authored performances/exhibitions are presented at the end of Session A & B
- Pizza lunch provided on Fridays (dietary restrictions will be accommodated)
- Extended day includes snack and facilitated arts activities
- Abrons Arts Camp is licensed by the Department of Health