Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Camp Henry (Accredited by the Camping Association & Licensed by the Department of Health)
Give your child (ages 5 – 13) a summer of fun and learning at Camp Henry at Henry Street Settlement on the Lower East Side! We provide educational enrichment to prevent “summer learning loss,” including STEAM projects and engaging literacy lessons, plus arts and crafts, music, drama, sports, swimming, and field trips.
This year’s theme is Legends, Heroes, and Heroines. Each week a different super hero will be highlighted, campers will learn about and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these fictitious figures. This journey will not only explore super powers and ancient mythology, but also incorporate community development, self-efficacy, and positive decision making. Campers will also enjoy weekly films, field trips, project-based activities and theme-based parties.
- Educational programming to prevent summer learning loss
- Homework summer packet assistance
- Daily outdoor activities
- Daily visits to parks
- Swimming twice weekly
- Water activities
- Weekly sharing and performances for parents to highlight each week’s activities.
- Social and emotional learning to promote confidence
- Computer labs as and video production
Enrolling your child is easy.
- Click here to download the full application, health form, and CACFP eligibility form.
- Print the forms.
- Complete the forms.
- Drop off the application, other required documents and your deposit (money order or credit card only) to the Camp Henry Office, 301 Henry Street, New York, NY 10002.
Camp Henry will operate Monday-Friday from July 1 to August 16, 2019. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are included. Full season is July 1 -Aug. 16, July only session is July 1 – August 2, and August session is August 5 – August 16. Camp hours are 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact:
Aaron Cummings, Director of After-School and Camp Services
212-254-3100 x263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a college student interested in working at Camp Henry? Email us your resume »