Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social service, arts, and health care programs.
The Community Consultation Center (CCC) is open at 40 Montgomery Street. Please call 212.233.5032 for more information.
At the Community Consultation Center (CCC), we recognize the growing mental health needs of the immigrant Asian population. Established in 1997, our Asian Bicultural Mental Health Services operate within the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic.
Our dedicated services focus on addressing mental health stigma that can be prevalent in Asian families, managing social and economic stressors, and navigating family conflicts arising from differing values and role expectations that can occur between generations in a new culture. Participants have access to:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic treatment services tailored for Chinese monolingual individuals and families.
- Culturally sensitive service providers who speak Hindi, Cantonese, and Mandarin languages.
- Bilingual socialization groups, including a current events group, ping pong, dancing, and karaoke.
- Access to the CONNECT food pantry for registered clients.
- Henry Street Settlement’s network of services including job readiness and training, ESOL classes, and more.
We accept Medicaid, Medicare, and other third-party insurance providers. For those without health insurance, we offer a sliding-scale fee. Additionally, individuals without insurance may qualify for our CONNECT program.
Please note that our Asian Bicultural Mental Health Services are available by appointment only. Reach out to us to schedule a consultation and take a step toward mental well-being.