Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
The Lower East Side Youth Opportunity Hub is all about success, support and community and offers the following services to young people ages 13 to 24 who live, work, or attend school on the Lower East Side:
- Help finding a job
- Classes, workshops, and fun trips
- Help returning to school, getting high school equivalency (HSE), or getting into college
- Mental health support
- Basketball, soccer, baseball and more
- Financial planning and access to resources
Operated by Henry Street and our partners, individuals can walk in to any of these sites to get services.
- Jacob Riis Cornerstone, 80 Avenue D
- Boys & Girls Republic,
- 888 East 6th Street Education Services Building,
- 301 Henry Street Workforce Development Center,
- 178 Broome Street
For more information, please write email@example.com or call 212.254.3100 x231
The Youth Opportunity Hubs – there are five in New York City – are funded by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office’s Criminal Justice Investment Initiative, which redistributes criminal forfeiture funds obtained through settlements with international banks.