Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Lower East Side Youth Opportunity Hub
The Lower East Side Youth Opportunity Hub is all about success, support and community and offers the following services to young people ages 13 to 24 who live, work, or attend school on the Lower East Side:
- Help finding a job
- Help returning to school, getting a GED or getting into college
- Mental health support
- Basketball, soccer, baseball and more
- Fun trips and community events
- Financial planning and access to resources
Operated by Henry Street and our partners, individuals can walk in to any of these sites to get services.
- Henry Street Settlement: 301 Henry Street, 888 East Sixth Street and 80 Avenue D
- Chinese-American Planning Council: 165 Eldridge Street
- Educational Alliance: 25 Avenue D
- Grand Street Settlement: 80 Pitt Street
- Hamilton Madison House: 50 Madison Street
- University Settlement: 611 East 13 Street and 420 East 12 Street
For more information, please write firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.254.3100 x231
The Youth Opportunity Hubs – there are five in New York City – are funded by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office’s Criminal Justice Investment Initiative, which redistributes criminal forfeiture funds obtained through settlements with international banks.