Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Below are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email;
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event;
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check;
- We may collect personal information from you, from time to time, in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We only rent or exchange lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information, collected on the website or through any other activities, with other third parties we believe engage in activities that are consistent with the mission or core values of Henry Street Settlement and our Abrons Arts Center. You may opt out of having your Personal Information shared by us by following the process described below.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We may use your personal information to send you information about Henry Street Settlement programs, events or annual fundraising appeals.
- We may use your personal information to acknowledge you by name and/or description of donation in certain printed materials, such as the annual report and event invitations or programs, or the organization’s website, unless Henry Street Settlement is directed otherwise by the donor.
- We will use your personal information to: (i) comply with any law, rule, legal process or regulation (“Legal Obligation”), (ii) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of a Legal Obligation, (iii) to comply with legal process served on us, and (iv) protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
To Opt-out of Information Sharing
If you wish to opt-out of having your information shared by Henry Street Settlement and/or the Abrons Arts Center as described above, please complete the form online here »
To be removed from Henry Street and/or Abrons Arts Center Lists
If you wish to opt-out of receiving future communications, please contact Henry Street Settlement at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide information about the lists you would like to be removed from. Alternatively, you can submit your request to the below address or phone number
Henry Street Settlement
265 Henry Street
New York, New York 10002
All opt-out requests will be honored, but please be patient with us as it may take six to eight weeks for opt-out changes to be fully implemented.