Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 10-15 hours per week, flexible
Date Postsed: 11/29/16
Organization Overview: Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel & Word)
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality required
- Must be hard working, confident, motivated, willing to learn different tasks
- Flexible, organized & responsible
- Create and update documents inExcel and Word
- Sort and file time cards
- Assist in maintaining employee personnel files, including filing sensitive employee information in correct employee personnel files
- General administrative duties, including typing, word processing, and creating folders
- Assist with other projects assigned
To Apply: email Resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Payroll Intern” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.